What’s the role of a Bookkeeper?
It is important for a business organization to keep the record of all important transactions and activities of the business organization. The basic purpose of record keeping is to maintain an updated record of financial transactions and performances. The record keeping is also known as bookkeeping and the bookkeepers are often hired to record all important details.
The bookkeeper is responsible for maintaining the records of the business and ensuring that every business transaction should be recorded in the accounting books by following a chronological order. The supporting documents and enough proofs are required for the help of readers.
The bookkeeper plays an important role and responsible for the following tasks:
• Assemble, recognize and investigate the documents to support business transactions and activities.
• Record valid business transactions in financial books to date and time.
• Maintain accurate and complete records of the business transactions.
• Design a summary of reports for the assistance of professional accountants in the preparation of financial books. In small business organizations, the bookkeepers are responsible for preparing financial statements.
• They are responsible for assisting in the preparation of financial records and filing of tax returns. In the small business organizations, the bookkeepers can prepare tax returns as well.check this site here!
• The bookkeeper is responsible for answering all questions asked by external and internal auditors.
Basic Responsibilities of a Bookkeeper
• Purchase necessary materials and equipment.
• Check the supply levels of office and reorder necessary items
• Make payment of supplies and record transaction in a timely manner
• It is the responsibility of a bookkeeper to maintain the record of debt, bonuses and paycheck.
• He is responsible for preparing financial statements and doing financial analysis
• He/she should record and post bills and makes a schedule for the payment of the bill.
• He should collect sales taxes from customers and pay them to the government
• He is responsible for the monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
• Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
• Collect details for outer auditors for the annual audit
• You are responsible for the filing system and maintain the chart of accounts.
• The maintenance of the annual budget is your responsibility.
• Settlement of various financial issues and petty cash funds
• You have to calculate variances from the budget and share important issues with the management.
• You have to prepare salaries and pay them to employees in a timely manner.see http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20151022/PC16/151029772/police-former-charleston-battery-bookkeeper-charged-after-embezzlement-of-over-100000 for more info.
Career of a Bookkeeper
Bookkeeping is a profitable career because a bookkeeper may get various options to pursue. You can work as an accounting clerk or work as a freelancer for different business entities and clients. While working as a bookkeeper with an, you may get a fixed salary while performing this job. You may get some allowances and bonuses. You are expected to submit a report to the concerned authorities. You can earn a good amount of money by getting individual projects from www.Bookkeeperco.com.au.